Belly fat can be caused by various factors such as hereditary predisposition, eating disorders and a low-activity lifestyle, the presence of bad habits, hormonal disorders, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, oncology.
Before joining the fight to get rid of the belly fat, you should undergo a full medical examination to exclude the presence of dangerous diseases, the symptom of which may be a large belly.
Here is a list of causes of the belly fat.
Of course, the main reason is the problem of excess weight and, as a consequence, the appearance of fat deposits in the waist and abdomen. Thus, in order to get rid of it, it is necessary to lose weight.
However, a large belly may not always be the cause of excess weight. Experts distinguish the following types of bellies that do not appear due to overeating:
1. “Stress belly” is characteristic of people who are in a state of chronic stress, sleep little, eat irregularly and incorrectly, drink a lot of coffee, abuse energy drinks, love chips, soda, crackers. This type of belly differs in that it is not loose and dense, and fat is concentrated around the navel.
In this case, in order to regain a beautiful belly shape, it is necessary to normalize your psycho-emotional state, change your diet, change your work and rest regime. Exclude from the diet junk foods, caffeine and energy, intense physical activity, which contribute to the production of the hormone cortisol, which promotes abdominal growth.
The place of cardio training should focus on low-intensity training, yoga, Pilates, callanetics. Include foods containing high levels of magnesium in your diet, such as dark green vegetables, nuts, dark chocolate, fish, dried fruits, etc. Meditation techniques, relaxing baths before going to bed using various supplements, breathing exercises are effective in combating stress.
2. “Lifeline”, this type of belly is characterized by the fact that fat deposits are collected on the sides in the form of a roller, it is characteristic of “couch” people, who also like to skip another glass.
To get rid of such a belly, it is worth giving up alcohol, sweet and flour. Preference should be given to lean meat, oily fish, nuts, avocados, eggs. It is worth doing sports, in this case, long-term aerobic training of low intensity (at least 1 hour), such as running, cycling, swimming, will be effective. It is best to do sports in the fresh air.
3. “Low belly”, characteristic of people who have a bulging lower abdomen. This may be a consequence of curvature of the spine, incorrectly selected physical exercises, or improper exercise techniques, poor nutritional diet.
You need to drink more fluids, expand your diet, include more fiber-containing foods in it, change the training system, give preference to circular physical exercises. Consult a specialist for posture correction.
4. “Pregnant belly”, characteristic of both women and men with poorly developed pelvic muscles. Nuts, olives, fish oil should be added to the diet. To reduce the abdomen, the exercise “stomach vacuum” will be effective, as well as performing Kegel exercises.
5. “Swollen belly” in the morning, flat in the afternoon, and swollen in the evening. This type of stomach is typical for people with digestive problems, intestinal microflora disorders, food intolerance to certain foods. To correct this type of belly, it is worth reviewing your diet, determining which foods are not suitable for you and exclude them, enrich your menu with fish, fresh vegetables. Exclude flour, alcohol, processed dairy products, grapes, products containing a large number of carcinogens. It is recommended to have a hearty breakfast and give preference to a light dinner.
6. “Hormonal belly”, most often it is characteristic of those over 40. It develops due to the fact that after this age, people begin to change the hormonal background, metabolism slows down. In order to get rid of such a belly, you need to reconsider your diet, it should have such a ratio of nutrients: 20% protein, 30% fat, 50% healthy carbohydrates, you need to drink enough water, try to be less nervous, sleep well and lead an active lifestyle. In order to get rid of the belly, it is necessary to activate the hormones responsible for fat burning. To do this, you need to eat foods with a high magnesium content and perform interval training of increased intensity.
If you are struggling to get rid of the belly fat. You have tried many things and almost despaired.
Join my training and nutrition program, which I will make specifically for your body type and lifestyle.
Here you can see the results of my clients who have been training with my programs.
I’m waiting for you at my training sessions.