Spinach is a plant, which is widely used in cooking and has a lot of benefits for the health of the body.
Why it is so popular today? Let’s see.
Nutritional profile of spinach
- carbohydrates-3.53 g;
- fats — 0.4 g;
- proteins — 2.9 g.
There are only 22 Kcal per 100 grams of the product.
Leaves are saturated with useful dietary fibers.
Vitamins and minerals:
vitamins A, E, K, C, B, PP;
This product contains up to 92 % water.
A small amount contains starch-0.1%.
Health benefits of spinach
- Cleansing and stabilization of intestinal peristalsis.
- Saturation of the body with vitamin C and strengthening of the immune system.
- Increased hemoglobin in the blood.
- Improving vision and promoting eye health.
- Stabilization of blood pressure due to pronounced hypotensive ability.
- Elimination of insomnia, general strengthening of the nervous system.
- Alignment of the glycemic profile, correction of carbohydrate metabolism.
- Improved metabolism.
- Saturation of the body with iodine, stabilization of the thyroid gland function.
- A number of vitamins (E, A, K, B) help to preserve the youth and elasticity of the skin, the strength of the joints. With the use of this product in food, the heart muscle and blood vessels are strengthened, the risk of developing varicose veins and diseases of the cardiovascular system is reduced. This product helps to maintain a healthy complexion, strengthens and makes beautiful hair and nails.
- This plant normalizes the work of the endocrine glands. This is important for male potency. It is often recommended to include spinach in food for the prevention and treatment of male infertility, as well as to reduce the risks of developing prostate diseases. Regularly including spinach in their own diet, men strengthen the genitourinary system. With this option, a disorder of sexual function in the male body occurs less often.
- Spinach is also good for the male nervous system. A diet enriched with the vitamin group contained in spinach protects against stress. The body is less susceptible to the development of classical diseases of the nervous system, brain activity and working capacity improve. Spinach is useful in the sports menu as a good source of protein.
Any chronic diseases in which compliance with a special diet is recommended can be considered a contraindication for eating spinach. Consultation with a specialist is required!
How to cook spinach
Spinach is added to salads, cocktails and smoothies, it can be an excellent addition to sandwiches.
But, of course, the best option for using spinach is without heat treatment.
It goes well with other vegetables and herbs. You can add a drop of lime or lemon juice, a little olive oil to it.
How to choose and store
The leaves are green, without color changes. The stems should be fresh, without changes in color. The smell of spinach is pleasant, fresh. This is how it should be. If an unpleasant or chemical aroma is detected, you should not choose such a product for your kitchen. It is best to buy spinach in special organic packages or in farm shops.
Spinach should be stored in the cold (from 0 to 5 degrees). You can prepare leaves for the future in the freezer. But it should be understood that after defrosting, the taste and texture qualities of the product are lost.